Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Get rid of the Word Wednesday

So, I tell my kiddos often, "Mommy doesn't like repeating herself." But there are times when you need to, so if in the event you are a loyal awesome Tots to Teens reader this is a repeat post. 


I hate when people use hurtful words as adjectives!  I don’t necessarily think they do so to be hurtful but it has become part of our speech.  I hate that we have evolved as people who say harsh words as adjectives and cannot see how those words can affect others…
I hate the word hate… but hate is the word I have to use when others speak with no thought. That is why I could not be happier to see that other people want our speech to change.  People want words that can hurt out of our dialect; today marks SPREAD THE WORD TO END THE WORD.  The word they are speaking of the R-word

Please think before you speak… and go sign the pledge to support the elimination of the derogatory use of the r-word from everyday speech and promote the acceptance and inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities {r-word}. I did : ) I'd love to hear if you did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3