Friday, June 7, 2013

I Did it for Myself!


Since becoming a Mommy, there are tons of things I have stopped doing for myself... to do for others.  Mainly the things I do, do are for my children.  If I want to be completely honest, although, I joke about being the same Ol' G there are plenty of things I do not do, or have changed because I am a mommy. 

I had my eldest daughter quite young. I still wanted to be young, but the other Mamas in my eldest daughter's classes were a little more buttoned-up and more mature in age.  
I decided to be a little more buttoned-up, which in the process kind of stripped away who I was.  
Here I was trying to hide tattoos, and thinking I should dress a certain way because other Moms were looking at me and whispering.  
Now, I don't care.  So what, I have tattoos, and now for myself {which I know my mama is going to hate} I re-pierced my nose.  

I love it. My husband loves it.  
It was kind of freeing.  I know that sounds weird, but when I use to have my nose pierced many moons ago, I lost my nose-ring and never redid it. Not because I was a Mama, because life went on.  My first years of motherhood, in Texas, I was surrounded by family and friends who knew me, and knew what I was about>> no judgment.  It was a different time.

Now, that I'm in my thirties, I don't want to live with regret.  I don't want to go back to my twenties, but I do want to be ME. I want my kids to see>> Mama is happy with who she is, and I want them to feel the same.  No judgements!

This post isn't just about the-time-I-went-to-pierce-my-nose in-my-thirties-at-a-random-Indian-salon-and-I-felt-all-freeing. I'm also linking-up with the lovely Lena B, and Through the Eyes of the Mrs.
Lena B, Actually

I saw this green dress at Old Navy and had to have it.  
My husband was {happily} shocked because I'm usually not one to purchase dresses, but this one, it was calling me, and plus it's green.  
I love green.  
The blue jean jacket shirt is actually a little something I've had since junior high... 
No. I'm not a hoarder... that's what Pinterest is for. 
My shoes are a Target special, and the belt... it came with another dress I own.
And this is the bag that pulls it all together

So, what do you think ladies, did you change a piece of who you were because of motherhood?
Life in a Break Down






2 comments:

  1. I was 31 when I pierced my nose! ;)
    This outfit is so cute! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion, and most of all, for being YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you recognized that you needed to do something for yourself. Proud of you mama!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3