Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday, Floors, & Decisions {A Random Post}


Okay, this post is quite random.
This post may very well be the most random post you will ever read... but I've got pictures J.
I'm so behind with sharing my birthday pictures, which I said I was going to share a couple weeks ago {sorry}.

I had an awesome birthday weekend!  We went to my favorite little downtown area & took some pictures.  My family and I got lucky, we met a real life photographer {not a fake one like me} who happened to see us & asked to help us! She took two pictures of us with my camera & I had fun with them {see below}! Thank you Ann xo



My babe took this picture of the kiddos & I.
There was something on the camera lens L

My babies and Mr. AOK made me special pancakes for breakfast.

We went bowling & played at the arcade-- I HAD SO MUCH FUN!
I'll admit I was a kid again myself J
Seriously one of the best birthdays ever!

Now I get random.

******
Remember I told y'all I'm trying to fall back in love with my house?
Well this week I went ahead and starting my quest.
We're getting new floors on the first floor!
I'm quite excited because I have hated my carpet in the living room since we moved in.
What do you think?

I'm in love with one sample floor that I KNOW will work in the kitchen but not so much in the living room :(  
******
And in other news I got new reading glasses.
I did not get the glasses I really wanted... considering my daughter & I both got glasses-- her glasses cost more than mine!  I love these glasses not because of the name on them but these were the only cat eye glasses they had & they looked great!  I almost bought them but then I thought they’re just reading glasses & you can probably find them online for cheaper and I did!



I do love my new glasses & I'll have to take a picture of them to share.  
Anywho please jump in. let me know what you think. 
What was your best birthday ever?
Which floor{s} do you like 1,2,3, or 4?
Do you wear glasses? Where do you purchase your glasses?  
XOXO Mrs_AOK
Getting all social

10 comments:

  1. I like floor #1 best; it's a really rich, warm color that I think will give a real "homey" feel to your house :)

    I'm a new follower of yours from GFC, btw - follow back? :)

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin!
    Thanks for visiting :) I will for sure follow back!
    Numero uno is your pick eh? I agree it does have a warm feeling.... {to be continued}
    xo-AOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see new pics of your glasses. I'm a pretty frugal shopper and I get my frames from Walmart. They have a pretty good designer selection. I currently have a cute pair of CoverGirl ones.

    I like floorings 1 & 3 but I think 1 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I always think about going to get my glasses elsewhere after the fact. I'm there at the DR's office & there they are pretty shiny new glasses waiting for me :)

      And thank you for answering my floor question- who knew picking out a new floor was so tough!
      xo

      Delete
  4. I think I like floor 2 and 3. I also absolutely LOVE the picture MR AOK took of you and kiddos. regardless of if something was on the lense, I love the effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm kinda fond of the picture myself, there aren't many pix of me & the kiddos together.
      Looks like floors 1 & 3 are in the lead... interesting...
      xo

      Delete
  5. New follower from the GFC blog hop and I am loving your blog! So cute! Would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit & for following along :) Now off to do the same xo

      Delete
  6. That third flooring option? #swoon! You havea beautiful family, and I'm glad you enjoyed your bday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina :)
      Right? That 3rd option is nice... I get floors installed tomorrow. I will post a picture of our pick when they're all cleaned and shiny.
      XO
      AOK

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3