Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our Celebration: Part Dos

     Yesterday I told y'all how we celebrated the fireworks show with our neighbors.  We had a great time, and we ate some yummy goodies.  Since this was such a small affair I wanted to make sure to use ingredients we love, and use regularly to share with our friends.  I think it is important to share the little things...
Tree Artist @Etsy
The Raspberry Lemonade
I made a raspberry lemonade spritzer using 1 carton of Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade, 1 bottle Santa Cruz Lemonade, and 2 cans of Sierra Mist Lemon-Lime Soda, a pint of fresh crushed raspberries, and a ton of crushed ice.
This was so simple, but got great reviews...  


On to the kids' favorite!
Donut Pops
Again I used my favorite FAVORITE peel-and-pop biscuits, I promise these biscuits are wonderful and Immaculate Baking Co. also makes delicious cranberry orange scones!
What you will need
1 Can of biscuits
Melted Butter (just a smidgen)
Cinnamon and Sugar (for sprinkling)
Bag of Candy Melts (I found some with red, white and blue sprinkles)
Lollipop sticks


I took the dough and made tiny balls about the size of a medicine cup

I then had my lovely assistant brush some melted butter on the biscuits 
sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on each ball

Stick in oven for the time/temp suggested on can
(maybe pulling out a minute or two earlier)
While still nice and warm stick the donut balls on the lollipop sticks
Next--> dip into melted chocolate

YUMMM!
Just add a pinata, silly string, fireworks, smiles, and laughter.... good times!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3