Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Celebration


Pinata, Pinata,Pinata! 
     Over the 4th of July weekend we were suppose to have family come visit, but that didn't happen because of medical reasons.  (Everything is okay-- don't worry just a little scare and hopefully I will see 'em soon) Since, we did not have family over we decided to celebrate the 3rd with our neighbors.  We live in a nice little neighborhood, and our neighbors give our  cul-de-sac quite a show with their annual fireworks show. We all gather chairs, blankets and bug spray to watch the show-- this year was amazing!  
Before the show we decided to have our generous neighbors over to have a little fun and celebrate the fireworks and my boy's b-day. 

On the menu
Chicago Style Dogs
Mango Salsa Dogs
Pizza Lollipops
Donut Pops
and Raspberry Lemonade Spritzer

I have no pictures of the dogs... we ate them up so fast!  But we used some organic beef dogs and topped them off with all sorts of yuum.
Chicago style dogs: Cucumbers, onions, pickles, tomatoes, mustard, celery salt, and sweet peppers.
Mango Salsa dogs: Mango cubed (frozen or fresh), lime, cilantro, tomatoes, onion, and minced jalapeno
I urge you to try your hot dogs this way if you haven't yet. Oh.. on a poppy seed bun!

Pizza Lollipops were a hit!
I decided to use what I love-- to share with my neighbors, so they could taste what we love to eat here in our home.  My favorite brand of peel-and-pop biscuits and scones is Immaculate Baking Co. so I decided to use this brand for both my pizza lollipops and donut pops.  For the pizza I used Immaculate Baking Co. crescent rolls.  
First you roll out the crescent dough and smooth out the dough slightly, so that the perforated lines are rolled out. Brush a little butter on the dough. Next, add about 2-3 TBS of your favorite sauce (I used Whole Foods 365 Spaghetti Sauce) make sure to spread the sauce thinly across the dough.  Now, add some pepperoni I used my favorite pep which I promise is the best eva Applegate Farms Pepperoni! Add some rice cheese or moo cow cheese and season with basil and oregano.  

Time to Roll!

After rolling the pizza log stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes-- this will help with cutting into circles.

Stick these babies in the oven at temp/time on can.
As soon as the pizza circles are done take them out, and stick them with lollipops sticks.
And there you have folks pizza lollipops


Tomorrow I will share my donut pops and raspberry lemonade spritzer.
Have a great day!
xoxoxo
Mrs_AOK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3