Thursday, November 7, 2013

#AskAwayFriday Questions via Carissa



For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better!  10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!


http://rhocc.blogspot.com

As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday...the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!


The Real Housewife of Caroline County



We have some amazing co-hosts for the month of November...they are all very consistent #AskAwayFriday contributors and have all become good friends to so many in the blog community!

Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing!  She's been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it's been around I believe, which is pretty impressive!  She's become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I'm super excited she's moving to the East Coast!



Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we've really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!



And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt's Family...she's a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she's become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday!  She's always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!



Okay, now that we've met everyone I'm going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK.  Even though the SWAP part of the Holiday Nail Polish Swap & Giveaway is going on now, remember on the 23rd of November to the 1st of December the GIVEAWAY portion will be going on!  There are some awesome prizes...use hashtag #HolidayColorSwap!



Now that we've got all that business out of the way, let's get into Week 14 of #AskAwayFriday!


This week I'm excited to swap Q&A's with my new bloggy friend Carissa from the The Green Eyed Lady Blog. Carissa shares recipes, fashion, her faith, and her adorable family.
You can find Carissa's answers to my questions--> here.

1. What do you hope people leave your blog with? 






2. What do you look forward to with your move?

I'm looking forward to our new chapter.  Together the five of us {6 + our fur baby} will enjoy everything for the first time together as a family.  
I cannot wait to take the kiddos to the beach and make sandmen-- we've already talked about this a dozen times.
We're foodies, so, we are also looking forward to SC food and hitting up some spots we've heard good things about 

3. Are you ready for the holidays? And if so what are you doing for them? 

Nope! Not at all.  This move has consumed just about everything-- the fact that I'm still blogging is a miracle  
{yes, I understand the use of the word miracle is overused and in this case it is no different}
I will be in corporate housing for the Holidays...

4. How do you keep up with three children and blog?

Good question.... are you ready... COFFEE!!

I honestly don't know if I keep up... with everything.  I try relentlessly to 'keep up' but sometimes I feel like everything is mounting.  I wish I could say I had it all together and everything was nice and planned out with color coding, but that's not my life, just my closet ☺

The kiddos are and will always be numero uno with me... so I make sure to keep up with those three ♡♡

5. What gadgets are essential to you being a successful blogger (like do you use a special app, certain type of computer....you get it LOL)

Well I love my Mac she's my other baby
I think she {my mac} has some great features that keep me somewhat organized... I just need to do the rest.
I have apps to help me I just don't really use them as much as I should. 


Such as: Evernote, which helps you to take notes and remember all those little things you might forget if you didn't jot down or record a quick message.

I also use the Blogger app from time-to-time to start a post but never finish it... I don't like posting from my iPad.  However, I may need to while I'm in transition from Illinois to South Carolina. 

6. What does your husband think of your blog?

He loves my blog! He's probably my biggest fan  
He's the one who started my blog/twitter/facebook... 

Now, I know there are times when blog-life runs into 'our time' I try not to let it, but sometimes, I just need to answer this one tweet, or let me schedule just a few tweets.. I'm sure that may get a tad bit annoying for him.

7. What are three random facts about yourself?
Considering I am random....
  • I too have green eyes
  • I have freckles to boot
  • In high school I had a fuchsia 86' Mustang that looked kind of pink because it had wax baked on... some people called it my Barbie car.  Senior year I traded my Mustang in for a white Toyota Celica. 

8. If you could have one thing in life that is unlimited ...what would it be? 
{Besides love... of course!!}
Geez I'd hate to sound shallow but Money $$$$$
I thought health, but I'd like health for more than myself.  Therefore, if I had an endless supply of money, I could ensure my family, friends, and whomever else the best care.
As well as no headaches over bills would be nice. Curse you student loans!!!!

9. What is one piece of advice you would give to a newly married couple?
Talk. Talk to your spouse, not at your spouse.  Communication is key to a happy marriage and that means listening too.  If you have to stay up to the wee hours of the morning talking, do it! You, and your spouse have a love worth listening to and talking about. 

10.  If you could decorate one room in your new house your favorite color...what color, and what would it look like?

To me the kitchen is the most important room, that would have to be done first but if I'm dreaming...
I pinned this amazingly beautiful mosaic I would LOVE to have-- if I could I would.... 


Isn't it beautiful!! I'm in love! I just love teal/aqua.
***
Thank you Carissa for your questions and being my partner this week   
I hope you will go check out Carissa's answers along with the other lovely bloggers linked up 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3