Sunday, January 19, 2014

When Pins Work {Bacon Wrapped Avocados}


This morning I was scrollling through Pinterest, not for food, for blog stuff… I guess.  Actually I don't really know what I was looking for. 
I saw a blog pin and from there I was a blog-pinning-fool but alas, BACON WRAPPED AVOCADO FRIES popped up!

WHAAA!! I'm insanely in love with avocados and bacon... well it's a family favorite especially because it's one of those things I *try* to limit here.  I had the avocados but needed the bacon, which was cool because hubs had to run to the store for cream for our coffee. 

About 20 minutes after pinning the Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries Pin, I was in my kitchen with my hubby making our own bacon wrapped avocados ;)

Here's what you'll need:
3 Avocados
2 Packs of Boar's Head Pre-cooked Naturally Smoked Bacon
Sheet pan

Preheat oven to 425*
Slice the avocados 
Wrap the avocados with the bacon {try to stretch the bacon out gently to get the most out of your bacon}
Place wrapped avocados on sheet pan and bake for about 8 minutes.
The original recipe calls for 5-10 minutes, however we did 8 minutes.


And this Pin is a WIN! Perfect for Super Bowl Snackin'






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3