Thursday, October 31, 2013

#AskAwayFriday Halloween Edition ::Questions by Sarah @Lomholt Family::

Week 13?? WHAT!?! That's crazy! What's even crazier is that it's November...where did the whole year go?  It doesn't feel like November, it doesn't feel like we should all be planning for Thanksgiving much less does it feel like we should even be seeing Holiday things out in stores!

For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better!  10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!

As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday...the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!


The Real Housewife of Caroline County



For the month of October we had some amazing co-hosts, but with the new month comes new co-hosts so let me introduce you to the ladies who will be hanging out with us for the month of November!

Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing!  She's been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it's been around I believe, which is pretty impressive!  She's become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I'm super excited she's moving to the East Coast!



Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we've really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!



And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt's Family...she's a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she's become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday!  She's always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!



Okay, now that we've met everyone I'm going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK.  If you haven't already sign up and join into the Holiday Nail Polish Swap & Giveaway!  There are some awesome prizes and you get to exchange a polish with another blogger and build on friendships...use hashtag #HolidayColorSwap!



Now that we've got all the business out of the way, let's get into Week 13 of #AskAwayFriday!



This week Sarah from Lomholt Family is swapping questions with me :)  Sarah shares her journey with her sweet family on her blog, and makes the cutest little tutus!! Check Sarah's answers to my questions here!! 

1.  Your kids are so cute!  What is one or maybe a few favorite costumes your kids have worn?
I'm a sucker for a group costume or costumes that compliment each other, so it makes me happy when the kiddos will humor me :)
One year the girls went as Nemo & Dory that was super cute!
A couple of years ago my youngest daughter was a bumble bee and my husband was a bee catcher
That same year my eldest daughter was the Statue of Liberty and my son was Charlie Brown
Last year the girls wore tutus I made :) 

and my little guy stole the show everywhere we went with his costume.  
Mini PSY 

We were asked for his picture :)
He had Gangnam Style playing on repeat in his jacket pocket.
This year the kiddos are going as Star Wars characters


2.  What is one of your favorite Halloween movies?
'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown', for sentimental reasons...

3.  What is the scariest nightmare you have ever had?
Oh dear, I've had some scary dreams in my life. The scariest nightmares are the ones that feel real... and have to do with your family, the ones that make you clinch your heart and wake up in pain.  The nightmare you never ever want to come true, and you hold your family tighter... that one.

4.  If you could cast a spell on someone for a night who and WHAT would you do?
I would put a spell on the idiots of the world who spread hate.  I would put a spell on them to show love and teach kindness. 

5.  What is your favorite candy?
When it comes to candy my whole I'm-natural-and-organic-thing kind of flies out the window... I'm a sucker for a Twizzler.

6.  Would you ever stay the night in a supposedly haunted house?
NO! I'm good. My dad grew up in a supposedly haunted house, and thankfully the last time I was there I was a baby.  Now, that I've heard all the stories {from various family members}, I don't think I would ever stay there.

7.  How would you survive the zombie apocalypse?
Eeks!! I hate Zombies!! I would hope I would use my superb intellectual Jedi mind skills to save my brain and my family's!

8.  What do you consider to be the most frightening creature/animal?
People. I love people, but people can be scary. Trust me I watch the Chicago News.... that's scary enough.
9.  Whose ghost would you actually dig being haunted by? 
James Dean :)
10.  Is there a special Halloween treat that you make?
On Halloween night I make the kiddos either one of these two things... 

*Spaghetti and eyeball stew :) which is just a heartier spaghetti with meatballs with cheese stuffed in the meatballs to look like eyes. {We have cold Halloweens in Chicagoland}

*Mummy dogs... hot dogs wrapped in croissant dough.

*This year I made them these for their lunches, and tonight it's Mummy Dogs :)

Well that's all folks! 
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!!
XO
Now, please check out everyone who linked up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3