Friday, August 30, 2013

Ask Away Friday {#3}

This is my third week of participating in the #AskAwayFriday linkup via The Real Housewife of Caroline County.  

What is Ask Away Friday?
A linkup where bloggers are encouraged to reach out to other bloggers to get to know them and swap 10 questions, and answer those questions on their blogs.  
This week I choose Miranda.

For the last month or two I have had the pleasure of getting to know Miranda from The Involuntary Housewife, we mainly stay on the most important topic---> COFFEE! 
Today we're getting off topic a bit and swapping 10 questions, below you will find my answers to her 10 questions, and you can find my questions to Miranda ->here.


1.  Since we bonded over virtual coffee I have to know...what is your favorite coffee drink?
Okay, I'm a Starbucks gal through and through, at home I drink 
But while frequenting my local Starbucks I may either pick up a Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Carmel Macchiato {iced or hot} but during the most beautiful time of the year....
PSL Time is coming!!!! Oh, and for those of you who don't know that means Pumpkin Spice Latte time :)

2.  How do you find the balance between your personal blog and the writing you do for Tots to Teens? I don't.  I'm trying to though. Now, that my babies are all in school, I think I can finally find some kind of balance.  Ask me in about a month :)


3.  When you first started blogging, did you have a plan for where you wanted it to take you? Just wanted my Etsy shop to be seen. Yes, I had an Etsy shop too, but I don't anymore... there goes that balance again. 


4.  What is your favorite part of being a blogger? Connecting with other bloggers.  

Blogging has been quite a therapeutic experience for me; I love to write and share my thoughts, as well as meet new friends.  I'm thankful for all the wonderful people who have come into my life because of blogging. <3

5.  How is your life different from what you expected when you graduated from high school? 

Hmmm... my life is quite different, I thought for sure I would be a city girl working in a skyscraper for a magazine company.  I also thought there was also a chance I would be a teacher.  
In a way I've done both... I work for a magazine in my 2nd floor office, and I homeschooled {preschool} all three of my kiddos.


In the Back-to-School Mini Issue of Tots to Teens Magazine


6.  Now that the kids are back to school are you managing to get a little "me time" or are you focused on other things? 
I haven't had the luxury of 'me time' quite yet, I've been busy catching-up on things blog/T2T.

7.  I know you recently celebrated your anniversary (12 years, congratulations!).  What would be the one piece of advice that you would want to share with someone who was getting married?  
Communicate. You. Have. To. Talk! 
I'm thankful my husband and I moved away from both our families and friends our first year of marriage; I believe this situation helped strengthen our marriage.  We only had each other, we had to communicate, we couldn't run from our problems.... we dealt with things together.  We grew together two 2o-somethings with a new baby on the way :) talking late at night playing video games--


8.  Where is your favorite place to go when it is just you and the hubs? 

Well, we don't get out much... so... it sounds lame but we like to go out on our deck and relax... and... wait for it... TALK. There is usually a refreshment involved.

9.  In your "down time" do you prefer and good book or some quality time with the TV?  
What is your favorite book/show?
I'd love to sound all academic-like but I enjoy watching trashy reality t.v. Am I the only one that feels better about my life after watching the Real Housewives? Those chicks make me even more grateful for my life.
Yes, I do enjoy curling up to a good book too! Check out The Rock and The River... great book!

10.  Who is your favorite bloggy buddy (I warn you, this is a loaded question and I have a specific answer in mind *Ahem*)? 
Ummm.. my favorite coffee-addicted bloggy buddy... Miranda! 
My bloggy BFF Courtney .  She is such an incredibly beautiful {inside and out} friend, and I'm extremely grateful she is in my life :) #lovefest


Thank you Miranda for swapping with me! Please go check out The Involuntary Housewife! XO

The Involuntary Housewife



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3