Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Paleo Chicken & Cucumber Salad


Today I thought I'd get in on the Tasty Tuesday action :) 
A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture on Instagram of one of my new favorites, Chicken & Cucumber Salad; it was received well, ergo I'm posting it here.  If you visit often you know I'm trying to keep things Paleo…. trying.  I'm not quite succeeding at this venture but I'm doing okay.  If my fridge were loaded with this salad like a 1990's Dr. Dre music-video -fridge full of forties,  I would be the happiest girl.


Here's what you'll need:
2-3 Grilled Chicken Breasts
2-3 Cucumbers
{as many as your heart desires}Heirloom Tomatoes
1 Red Onion 
2 Lemons 
Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper
Adobo All Purpose Seasoning Lemon & Pepper



I think I love this dish SO much because it reminds me of ceviche. When preparing the red onion slices for the salad you soak them in water and salt, just as you would when you prepare ceviche; this cuts the harshness of the onion. Do not skip this step!

While your red onion slices are soaking begin grilling your chicken. I used my George Forman Grill. Don't judge, it is the best wedding present ever!
I lightly seasoned my chicken with Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning with lemon & pepper.
Once your chicken is cooked thoroughly place on cutting board to cool.  

Begin peeling your cucumbers; my kiddos enjoy "zebra" cucumbers but eh if you like to keep your skins on by all means… 
Chop or slice your cucumbers and tomatoes.
Drain the red onion slices and pat off just to make sure that they are not super soaked.
Chop your grilled chicken.
Once everything is chopped or sliced throw it all into a large bowl. 

The dressing:
I'm an eyeballer, this is a technical term which means I don't use measurements. I cook and rarely bake, I've got people for that.
I used about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
A dash of the Adobo
A pinch of salt 
Sprinkle of pepper and the juice of 1 1/2 lemons.
Shake well and pour over your salad.
Enjoy!


Lou Lou Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3