Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here she comes Miss America...

Although I did not watch the Miss America pageant, I was not far removed from it.  The land of Twitter will keep you up-to-date on today's current events... oh and hate.


If you know anything about me you know I'm a lover of love and a hater of hate.
And Twitter, as much as I love it to connect and build bonds with people-->There is a whole lot of ugly :(

Monday night a beautiful woman Nina Davuluri, 24, from SyracuseNew York, won Miss America and it caused such an ugly uproar!!
Why?
Apparently Miss America wasn't American enough!!
People went on twitter to rant-- she's not American, she's a Muslim, she's Arab {?}, and the ugliest of all tweets referring to the fact that 9/11 was so close to her reign (implying she was a terrorist!!!) Disgusting!!! 

Americans, wear many shades, religions, and ethnicities. We don't have to all look the same or believe the same to be American.
Nina is from New York, her ethnicity is Indian, she speaks English, attended school here in America, Michigan {University of Michigan} to be exact, and made the Deans List. She could very well be your Doctor one day. Yes, she wants to become a doctor after her pageant "duties" in America to be an American doctor for Americans...  
Why the hate?
Marc Anthony was recently ridiculed for singing the National Anthem. Why? Well, because he wasn't American!?!  People grabbed their mobile devices and spread their hate for Mexicans, foreigners, and Hispanics. By the way Marc Anthony is an American with Puerto Rican decent born in New York. 
It just upsets me that people can be so ignorant! 
Get a map people!! Get a heart! Read a book! And stop the hate!!
I'm trying to raise goodhearted interracial  children in a world that I thought didn't still sees color before character.
I often tell my kids we don't judge people on what's on the outside... and then things like this happen.  
Spread love... never hate.

The Sticky Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love
: ) I will reply as soon as I can... Thanks <3